November 30, 2012

DIY of Christmas Past

With the holiday season in full swing (or almost) and December just around the corner, my head is constantly filled with new holiday-inspired crafts, "christmas diy" is my most frequent Pinterest search, and half-finished projects are littering the apartment. I can't wait to share some of our recent undertakings with you!

But first, here is a little round-up of last year's crafts along with the tutorials I used, when applicable. Maybe some of them will inspire you, too! (These photos are all mine, so please don't use them without proper credit!)


From left to right, top to bottom:

- Fabric-covered foam balls (via Whip Up). Such an easy way to get the sewn look without all the hassle!
- Glitter-covered pine cones. These are so simple to make and look stunning on the tree.
- These happy hoots (via Juicy Bits). I have no words to describe how awesome they are! I made these as presents and sewed up a parliament for our own tree.
- Pretty mushrooms from Oh the Cuteness!
- Felt matryoshka and fish ornaments of our own design (the fish was actually D's contribution)

These are all coming out of their box once our tree is up. I am so excited! I find that ornaments make such sweet keepsakes and presents: they are not cumbersome, very personal, and give joy year after year!

Happy crafting and stay tuned for some more ornaments (and my first pattern!).

4 comments:

  1. They're lovely! Looking forward to your ornament pattern! I would love to make some more decorations this month! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the pattern for the felt matryoshka? I would love to make some for Christmas presents this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      I'm happy you like my matryoshkas, but unfotunately I do not have a pattern for them. I just free-handed them and they need a little more work before they become a pattern... But I've seen some good ones floating around the web! Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Glad you're planning to work on them... I'd love a pattern by you, as well! x x

      Delete