March 24, 2012

Stitchin' Sheep



Hello all, happy weekend!

Recently, I have stumbled upon the sweetest cross-stitch book. Country au point de croix by Helen Wind is a collection of simple and irresistibly adorable country-style patterns. I am in love with the sheep pattern above. In fact, I have already picked the perfect spot for these guys in our bedroom.

The book is in French and I thought it was a translated copy. But it turns out that the book was written and published in France. But really, you need a minimal amount of French - if any - to make your way through it. Wouldn't these pretty Easter eggs be perfect for the season? I love repetitive patterns like these: I think they are a great colour/shape statement.


The patterns have a very fresh feel to them and there are different colour suggestions to many of them. I think this book would be great for beginner cross-stitchers because the patterns are simple, attractive, and very satisfactory to complete. My favourite kind of project!


Do you cross-stitch? What is your favourite style?

No comments:

Post a Comment