February 16, 2012

Daydreaming in colour


Hi all!

How was your Valentine's Day? I hope it was all you wanted it to be. Although I am not used to decorating for Valentine's, all the beautiful diy goodies popping up on blogs inspired me to make a simple little garland to hang at our bedroom's entrance. Being short on time, I opted for a string of colour swatch hearts. Simple and sweet!

But my mind is taken up by something altogether different these days. Tomorrow morning we are off to spend a week exploring the American Southwest. We are planing on touring parks in Utah and Arizona as well as the Death Valley in California. So exciting!!

For the past month or so, my husband and I have been looking at books and travel blogs and studying our favourite locations with Google Earth. And practically every day I have been dreaming of brilliant blue skies and red cliffs and dusty green shrubs. A world of colour. So I sat down to my trusty Photoshop and this is what I came up with. My very own Southwest palette.



I love that yellow!

What about you? Any exciting travel destinations in your future? Or one you like to dream of? Please share!

P.S.: My mom loved her pink birthday pom poms. She refuses to take them down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment