January 18, 2012

Hookin'


There seems to be a definite hype about crochet right now. Amazing people are coming up with gorgeous patterns and unique creations. It's a good thing that it corresponds to (or feeds) my own obsession with the craft.

And so... *drumroll* I have acquired crochet hooks! Their shininess makes me very happy indeed and I can't keep my hands away from them. Of course, since I am a complete n00b to crocheting, I have been diligently reading instruction books. Hooked on Crochet provides easy-to-follow instructions. I can now make a decent single crochet stitch. And I can't say enough about Craftyminx's Crochet School! School's out, but you can still access all the material and practice to your heart's content. Thank you, Craftyminx!

So, what am I going to make with my newly acquired crochet skills? Definitely one (or many) of these, some of these, and some sort of variation on these. .... Now excuse me as I go poke my hook through more loops.

P.S. - Yes, I did try storing my hooks inside the matryoshka doll. Nope, they didn't fit. I have to get over it and move on.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the link to the crochet school! I have resurrected my hook and made a few hats in the past month or so but am ready to move to something more.

    Isn't it great to not only make things but to make things that are useful in addition to being beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm glad I got someone to join me in my crochet madness. Socks, rugs, and pot holders here we come!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I'm glad you commented on my blog as it led me to yours! I love that you're up for trying new things all the time! I like to do that too. Happy crafting (and blogging!)

    ReplyDelete